Sunday!
I did all the laundry!
Sundays end up being very "domestic" days for me. Whatever rest I manage to get Saturday nights usually leads to enough energy to get a decent amount of household cleaning done.
I have decided the best way to make any new changes this year needs to start by being more mindful of my phone use. Today I started by pausing each time I reached for my phone. If I knew I was only going to scroll on my social media accounts, I put the phone down and tried to do something else.
In between chores and feeding the kids, I managed to read most of a book. I haven't read a book properly in years. It felt goof.
I'm reading "So Pretty / Very Rotten: Comics and Essays on Lolita Fashion and Cute Culture" by An Nguyen and Jane Mai. I used to wear Lolita fashion myself back when I had more disposable income (and no mess-making children). I do miss wearing the dresses but I don't feel the urge to return to it anytime soon. I saved all my dresses (I may share some collection photos in a future post) and someday I'll wear more actively. The book touches on some of the feelings I remember having when getting interested in the fashion, so it is quite nostalgic. The essays are generally interesting but I feel like they lack depth. I don't think the goal of the book is to go in great detail about the fashion itself but rather the emotions within it. I look forward to finishing this book tomorrow night after work.
I'm ending the night watching Return of the King with my husband. Tomorrow is work and school and routine again.

Comments
Post a Comment